Friday 14 December 2012

Day 4, Germany, den dreizehnte Dezember

MORNING:
Daniel - I went to school. I dont know exactly why since I've finished school, but I got to see some of my friends from last year which was nice. We (Yannick and I) started with English and the teacher asked me to say a sentence about myself which probably ended up as a paragraph but oh well. There was some group work to do which I helped with and after that was German. I understood very little, if not none of that class. But I understood more in German than I did the next class, politics. Ew. I dont even study it back home. After politics was sport, but they had to some presentations so I sat there and did nothing.

Emily - I had a bit of a sleep in which was nice, then I woke up and there was no one home! I chatted on Skype for a bit, wrote the blog for Wednesday and didn't do much at all! Painted my nails, listened to music, had a long shower, read... And finally they all came home for lunch at around 12.30-1!

AFTERNOON/EVENING:
Daniel - We had pizza for lunch. Then some more of my friends came over and we sat and chatted until about 4.15, which by then the sun was setting and it was getting dark. Emily, Jacky and Dany went out shopping and Yannick and I did something I'm very fond of. Nothing! I went to bed at around 8 because I was tired.. Yep thats right. EIGHT O'CLOCK!!

Emily - One of Yannick's friends that came over, Anna, is taking me out tonight (Friday night) so she came over to discuss the outing with me - what I should wear, when and where I meet her, how we are getting to/from the club, how much money I'd need etc. After Anna had left, Jacky, Daniel and I played cards. I think Daniel and I are a bad influence on Jacky - she is learning some very inappropriate words! (Jacky is 14). Playing cards meant we needed to know how to say "King" "Queen" "Jack" and "Ace" in German (we're smart enough to know the other numbers), and "Jack" in German almost sounds like "boobs" and "Ace" sounds a LOT like "ass"... Poor Jacky! And then to make matters worse we played "Bullshit" (some people call it 'cheat') so there's another word she learnt yesterday...
Dany came home from work and we had to go into the city (Darmstadt) to go to the train station and book tickets, as Daniel and I wish to travel in January to Munich and Verona, but the prices and itineraries online were rather confusing. The man at the train station was very patient with me, he was great and made it as cheap and easy as possible!
Drinking ma glühwein! (Actually, this was before I'd tried it...)
Dany and I then went to H&M (kind of like Myer with only clothes) and there was a big sale on, so I looked for a big warm (beautiful) coat and found one exactly how I wanted and it was 50% off! Yay! Every girls dream :P So it cost me less than 30€! I'm one very happy girl!
We then went outside to the Christmas Market... It's so BEAUTIFUL! The lights, and the stalls, gingerbread hearts everywhere, sooo many people! It's magical. Dany wanted me to try my first glühwein (hot wine), so she bought me some and it was good at first, but it was very strong red wine, and it was hot, so after a few sips I'd had enough and Dany finished it. We had a brilliant conversation at the Christmas Market and it made me realise how lucky I am to have such beautiful people putting us up. I couldn't have asked for anything better and I really love them. :)

Pretty self-explanatory. :)
NOTE: Sorry for the bad quality photos... These were taken on my phone, not my camera. :)

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you're enjoying some new experiences.
    Looking forward to seing you both when you get home.
    Love Gran and Papa

    ReplyDelete